Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mommy and Me!

So what did JJ and I do while the rest of the family was touring the great state of Missouri. I'll tell you, we had a relaxing, easy time in SLC. When you are the third child you don't get much time with mom just by yourself and I can't remember when I ever had so much time with just JJ. It was fun. We had to drive Mike and the kids to the Salt Lake airport and we decided to spend the weekend there. I stayed at my parents house and it was so fun to hang out with them. I have forgotten how nice it is to have someone make you breakfast, my dad spoiled me. The first day we went to Lindsay's house to eat lunch with her Grandma Ruth, and Grandma Kay. It was a nice visit. That night I went to dinner at the Spaghetti Factory with my mom and 4 sisters. What a great time. On Saturday we went to Jungle Jims.



JJ was in heaven. He got to ride fun rides with his cousins without his brother and sister in his way.



That night we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma. JJ got to wrestle with Grandpa because Dad was out of town. After church on Sunday we had a family dinner to celebrate my Dad's birthday. It was so good to see everyone. I can not tell you how easy one little boy is compared to 3. I was able to just sit back and relax all weekend because he just played with cousins. Here is the little boy tea party.



Plus that night Nana put JJ to sleep for me so I could watch a movie with Allie at her house. No kids=fun for mom. On Monday before I went to the airport we went with Nana and Papa to Liberty Park. JJ loved having the undivided attention all to himself. He played on the playground and in the Canyon water area.



Then we rode a few rides.



Nana and Papa are great hosts and I appreciate them letting us stay with them. We always love to come and visit!

4 comments:

The Cook's said...

Looks like Mike and the kids had fun! What a fun idea! Sorry again we missed you and JJ!

Mom said...

You are welcome any time! I bet we had more fun having you here than you and JJ had put together!
Love, Mom & Dad

Keith and Allie said...

It was good to see you! JJ is a sweet boy! I think it's fun to spend time with your kids one on one! When are you coming back!?!?

Anonymous said...

What a cute cousin picture at Nana's "little kids" table!