Tuesday, February 9, 2010

We love visitors!

We just love having family come to visit. We had Grandma Kay and Grandpa Dennis come for Jameson's birthday in the middle of January. We had a fun party and enjoyed hanging out with them. The kids love their grandparents. Then the last weekend of January my sister Emily, Cameron, Emma, and Maren came to Carey to visit the Cooks and they spent Sunday afternoon with us in Hailey. It was so much fun to visit, eat, hang out, and play games. The kids played and had a fabulous time. We really love their company and had so much fun visiting with them. But I forgot to take any pictures. I have made a vow to take more snap shots with my camera of everyday things. They will come in handy for blogging.



The very next weekend the Stocks came for a visit. We must be popular, or everyone loves this beautiful city. Mike and Jon went skiing in Sun Valley. The weather was sunny and they had a fantastic time. Lindsay and I had a wonderful time visiting while the kids played. They sure got along really well. They had so much playing Uno, pirates, and watching Star Wars. We tried to go ice skating but they were closed so we played in the snow instead.



The big kids had a super fun time playing Hand and Foot and Sequence. I will just say that the girls make the ultimate team. Go Linds and Mel! Thanks Jon, Lindsay, Belle, and Sam for a fun weekend. We are really grateful to be blessed with family that are also our friends. We look forward to having more visitors, anyone is welcome anytime.

5 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

Oh I am jealous! I want to be your visitor! But then I think about the 10 hour drive & all the snow and hesitate! We really want to come this summer and break up the drive with a pit stop in SLC. Plus we need to plan a girls weekend up in Sun Valley too for this summer too! Can't wait!

The Cook's said...

I feel bad we didn't take any pictures either. You failed to mention how bad the girls got destroyed when we played Hand and Foot. I think it is funny that you have taught other people the Cook Family game, now you just need and learn pinochle and you are in! I agree with Allie we do need to plan another girls weekend. What happened to going to a Vegas show?

Christene said...

It's so fun to have visitors, especially when the kids enjoy one another's company so well. Sounds like you all had a great time.

Janeen said...

I'm glad you guys started a blog! I'm jealous of all the fun stuff you guys get to do in the snow. The kids really miss you guys, Decker still asks when Luke is going to come over. I'm due Aug 16.

Anonymous said...

Mel, I would love to come visit you it looks fun. Maybe when Drew is a little older :) I think a girls weekend in Sun Valley or Vegas sounds great! (I know I'll just want to get out of the house by then)