Friday, January 22, 2010

Snowy Days



I would guess that it has snowed about 2 feet over the last 3 days. Mike had to snow-blow the driveway every morning just so he could get out of the garage. The piles of snow on the sides of our house are enormous! Eliza and I played in the snow for almost 4 hours yesterday. Luke joined us for almost half the time, and Jameson napped for 3 hours. He was like a hibernating bear in the basement.



We built a snowman in our front yard and I kept sinking in the snow, it went past my knees. I had to stomp down all the snow around the snowman so Luke did not get lost in it.



We walked to the park down the street and went down the sledding hill a few times. But Liza and Luke perferred jumping off the playground platforms into the soft snow.



We also dug a tunnel in a huge pile by our driveway. It reminded me of when I was a kid playing with Chris Roberts and Cole Christensen in the church parking lot. Good times! The tunnel was only big enough for Eliza, I did not want to test its limits. But she thought it was so fun.



Last night I was beat. I played like a kid all day and that takes a lot of energy. So today when Eliza asked to go out again I said she would have to go by herself because I was too tired. She only played for about 30 minutes and got bored. I guess I should be flattered that I made it so fun for her yesterday. I'm sure I will be up for it again next week.

4 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

You are a good mom Mel! It IS a lot of work playing in the snow and then when you're all finished you have that "recess" smell! I remember last winter when it snowed here in Vegas and I dressed and undressed my kids about 50 times to play in it. I was exhausted just from that! It's been raining here the last few days and snowing up in the mountains....maybe we'll take a drive today and enjoy the scenery by looking out the warm car windows! Take care & stay warm!

Christene said...

Wow that sounds like a lot of snow fun! I can't believe all the things you did. I would be beat too after such a great day. I love the snowman and the tunnel. It looks so foreign with all the white! I can't imagine waking up to it day after day. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

The Cook's said...

You were right, you have posted a lot! You guys seem to have settled into the miserable Idaho weather quite well. Jameson is cute, the not feeding himself thing is hilarious. Luke is such a cute sunbeam and Eliza is just gorgeous. Thanks for entertaining us the other day, we sure had fun!

Anonymous said...

Mel, you are supermom! My kids love to play in the snow too, but SLC has nothing on Idaho- that's lots of snow! Where do kids get their energy, that they can play like that every day?! Crazy! Take care and stay warm.