Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Kindergarten!



I wrote this post just days after school started but did not get the pictures downloaded until last week. So here is the very late post about school starting.

Well little miss Liza started kindergarten on September 1st. She was so excited and counted down the days until it started. Mrs. Clark is her teacher and she really seems to like it. On the first day she was not nervous at all. She said she was a little shy but that did not last long. On the second day she wanted to walk in all by herself. She already has made friends and wants to have them over for playdates. I wish I could be as outgoing and brave as she is. Eliza loves to write and draw pictures. She is a great artist. I know she will pick up on reading very quickly because she knows all her letters and sounds. She has such a desire to learn and a great memory. The elementary school is just down the street so she loves walking to school and we are there to walk her home. We love Eliza and are so proud of the student she is becoming.



Once a week I get to come to Eliza's class and help the teacher. Tuesday was my first day. It was fun to see Eliza interact with her friends in class. She was using the restroom when I first came. When she returned to class to see me there she ran up to me and gave me a big hug. I felt very special. The class divided into 3 groups and rotated stations. At my station the kids had to match up magnets of capital letters to the corresponding lower case letter. Not only did Eliza not need any of my help, she was the fastest at completing the task. I was very proud of her. She is not afraid to talk to her teacher and is very polite. It was a joy to be able to watch her.

3 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

She is so big! And she's starting to look very much like her mom! That's so great you get to volunteer in her class. I wish we lived closer and could swap babysitting! Way to go Liza! You are going to rule Kindergarten! I'm so sad you didn't come stay with us! I hope you are feeling better and we need to reschedule soon!

Mom said...

Eliza you are growing up too fast!
You seem to be a great genetic combination of both of your parents. School is fun and Papa and I are so glad you love it!
Love, Nana & Papa

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! Kindergarten is such a big step- how are you holding up Mel? What til she's gone all day next year- you'll cry for sure! What a great Mom you are! Hope to see ya soon!