Friday, October 8, 2010

My 2 front teeth!

Last week I did something I did not think I would have to do as a mother. I was the family dentist, twice. Eliza's 2 top front teeth have been loose for a few weeks. She was always having trouble biting her food and brushing her teeth. They were loose but not falling out. One was more loose than the other and I offered to pull it for her. She of course freaked out and said no way. I told her I was just going to wiggle it and see what happened. I had flashbacks to when I was a little girl in my parents bathroom. My dad sitting on the edge of the tub with his Chevrolet pliers and me waiting while he counted to 3 and pulled my tooth on 2. It worked and so I did the same thing. I did not use the pliers for Eliza's sake. But I held her tooth with my fingers and counted 1, 2, pull, 3. She did not even know that I did it. The apprehension was the worst part. Here she is with one tooth missing.



A few days later the other tooth was getting looser and she wanted to be rid of the annoyance so she asked me to pull it for her. The same technique with the same results. I was proud of myself and her. She of course was visited by the tooth fairy which made it all worthwhile. Her is our big, beautiful, toothless girl!

5 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

You are brave. I made Jon pull Seth's out because I'm a wimp!

Eliza looks great with her cute toothless smile.

lindsay said...

so cute Mel! I love it! I can't believe how big are kids are getting :)

Mom said...

Mel, it is interesting to read what you remember about your childhood. Your Dad sterilized those pliers you know (not). Eliza you are a beautiful girl and that toothless picture will be great in your wedding video!
Love, Hanna

Keith and Allie said...

Liza you are gorgeous even without your teeth! Melanie you are brave! Keith is in charge of all things regarding teeth and the tooth fairy! Hope we get to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I remember the same pliers experience, guess everybody has annoyingly loose teeth, it worked on my boys too (minus the pliers also-they're a little intimidating :) Fun stuff!